Purely from a players point of view, the "rape" that some server side plugins do
to players is the worst sin of all.  As soon as I see any server side plugins
active on a server, I leave.  I don't want annoying sounds downloaded to me,
menus, screen displays, or key rebindings etc.

On the other hand of course we have to ask, "So Alfred!  What's the alternative
then?  Is there a particular reason this feature was removed, or is there a new
alternative in the works?"