On 11/16/05, Marcelo Bezerra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 13:51 -0800, Alfred Reynolds wrote:
> > C++ interfaces are passed from it to our GCC 3.x compiled binaries).
> > How did you solve that?
>
> gcc-4.0 and gcc-3.4 share the same C++ ABI, so that should not be a
> problem.

There where ABI change between gcc 3.1 and 3.3 and then between 3.3
and gcc 3.4; so if the tools Valve are using are pre 3.4 then it will
be different.

Note that it may be possible to get objects using different ABI's to
link, however it is not possible to determine if there will be any
strange run time behaviour without extensive testing. Is that crash
due to a bug in the SDK or a run time ABI clash? Welcome to ABI hell
;)

Valve dudes, which 3.x version of gcc are you using? The x being
pretty important give the (expletive words) practice of changing the
ABI in minor versions :/

--
Jeff Fearn

"Postmodernism: Once more without feeling." -- Geoffrey Nunberg