From: "Che" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 12:05 AM
Subject: [hlcoders] Blind project

 Greetings,
 My name is Che Martin and I am a blind player of hl2.  This is
accomplished by using a piece of software that turns images into
decipherable sounds.  You can get an overview of this software if you wish
at www.seeingwithsound.com.
 I am attempting to get a project off the ground so that blind users of
this software can use hl2 to train with the software.
 I am looking for a couple of very basic levels, maybe two or three rooms
each with simple black and white textures so the user doesn't get overloaded
with visual information.  Also, two audio modifications would help
tremendously, having a player generate a sound when they move so they can be
tracked, and possibly a sound generated when you have a target in your
aiming reticle.
 I have some background with visual basic and c+, and I think I can do some
of the coding if someone can point me in the right direction, but for level
creation, I definately need someone that can see.
 If you are interested in helping with this project, or know someone who
might be, please let me know.  You can email me directly at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] if you like.
 The main purpose of this project is to help folks understand and train
with the seeing with sound software, and hopefully have some fun while doing
it.  If you would like to be a part of this worthwhile effort, we welcome
any and all assistance.
 Thanks,
 Che Martin
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]