You can always EnableDrag(false) on your object to isolate the air
density/drag from the motion of the object.  If doing this fails to fix
the problem, then it's not an air density issue.

Other factors that could be different:
damping, rotdamping:  Make sure these are the same on your client and
server objects (hardcode them to something constant as a test).

The other factor that is almost certainly different unless you've
changed it in your mod:

The client and server apply user input at different points relative to
physics simulation.  The server runs at a fixed framerate which is
always an integer multiple of the physics simulation rate.  This can all
be configured by your mod, but the default behavior is that ticks are
15ms for both server logic and vphysics simulation.  That means that all
user input is applied at the beginning of a tick.

The client runs at a variable framerate - as fast as it can render
frames.  The vphysics simulation still runs at a fixed interval (15ms).
It intepolates between fixed frames to match the client clock.  This
means that any impulses applied do not take effect until the next
simulation frame is reached.  This will probably complicate your
client-side prediction or at least introduce additional error.

Jay