regardless, 256x256 is too much. i don't think you can go past 256 total,
actually.
sending them over like that is not really a good idea. you should just keep
track of all quests and their objectives and send them over when you get
them, not network them all all the time.
single player or not, there are still limits.

On 11/1/07, Michael Kramer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It is 1 player. Not 32. Singleplayer only. But I understand what you
> mean.
>

> On Nov 1, 2007, at 7:32 PM, "Jorge Rodriguez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > --
> > No.
> >
> > 32 players * 256 quests * 256 objectives = 2097152 entries, and the
> > prop
> > buffer is probably something like 1024. You probably don't want all
> > of that
> > data in DT's because each field needs to be initialized and
> > baselined and
> > all that jazz, and that would take forever and kill your load time and
> > network performance.
> >
> > One thing I would suggest is to use the gamerules system to do this,
> > which
> > is the job that it is supposed to perform anyways, and the other
> > thing is to
> > use messages to do some things instead of DT's, as it allows you to
> > optimize
> > what goes over the wire.
> >
> > --
> > Jorge "Vino" Rodriguez