yes i had about the same problem.

it seems to crash without reason in initalspawn but the crashdump did
not point to anything of value.

i later tracked it to the gamestats system calls.

all odd crashes and problems were fixed by deleting the files:
game/client/statgather.(h/cpp)
game/server/gamestats.(h/cpp)

the project points to the gamestats files within game/shared so it
seems it was including the items from the server folder causing the
odd crashing.

so if anyone else is having a odd problem like this make sure those
files are deleted then rebuild the solution.