Well to continue on with this, I found out that basically it's set to
nodraw and removes the trigger flag, then adds the flag again at respawn
and turns visible, but if that's true woulnd't the animation be kept on
going even if nodraw?

What about SetThink( NULL );
does that just stop the think function it's in or other think functions
as well?(there's a think function in my item, not baseclass that's for
progressing the frames, if it were stopped that'd explain why the
animation stops and never goes back running.

Also one last thing: The animation is set to loop in it's .qc file, but
I can also make it loop using my think function, which is better in this
case? And could something happen if the model is turned invisble when
the animation is looped?