Hey list,

sorry about the lot of posts but I have no idea what's wrong.
after doing my changes so my pickup worked properly and has animations
the entity eventually turned out to be respawning in the center of the map.

I tried reverting the changes related to making my item float in the sky
rather then fall to the ground, but it still ended up respawning in the
center...

I doubt the animation code is doing it, so anyone has an idea what could
cause it?

also there's this code:
    UTIL_SetOrigin( this, g_pGameRules->VecItemRespawnSpot( this ) );//
blip to whereever you should respawn.

that seems like it's for setting the place to respawn, how do I make
sure the correct location is used here?
Also I can't seem to trace where this g_pGameRules stuff is coming from,
when I try things like go to definition or declaration or find all
references the compiler says it's not defined/declared/referenced, is
that engine level stuff?