Hi,

the "max_particles" is editable here:
http://images.saigns.de/max_particles.jpg

Default is 200, but it seems, that valve uses a lowered value ingame ...

When I spawn the default player_dripsred particle of the PCF file, it looks
like this:
http://images.saigns.de/drips_default.jpg

The propertes "offset min" and "offset max" handle, where the single drips
spawn. The Default values are "0 0 1", so they spawn all at the same location
as you can see in the screen above ...

But the real ingame player_drips particle used by valve looks like this:
http://images.saigns.de/drips_valve.jpg

When i change the offset data in my particle editor, them I am able to make it
look like the one from valve ...
But Server AND Client would need that changed pcf file, so there must be a way
to edit it directly in that particle (hopefully) :D

Here a quote from that site:
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Particle_System_Overview

About "Control Points": "[...] As the various elements of a particle system can
access CP data, this can allow multiple dynamic elements to influence a system.
While control points act as a position in space by default, other data can be
stored in each point if needed, which allows external code or entities to pass
generic data into a system that can then be remapped to properties of the
system."

Im not sure if I understand this correct, but perhaps are Control Points a way
to get access to the properties?

Ideas ? ;D

Andi