This is exactly why I asked that sv_pure 2 work as if is default steam
content use steam if not in steam allow from disk and do CRC
That gives the players the knowledge of knowing the server is 1, using only
steam for all default content and 2, doing CRCs on any custom map content.

I feel the var is very important, but many of us run custom maps, this is
all a great move by Valve for the betterment of the game play but it would
be a shame if custom maps end up taking a hit on this. Or worse that nobody
be able to use a var you worked so hard adding just because it auto excludes
custom maps.

-Will

Problem is alfred that a lot of leagues use custom maps.
Michael Jones-Evans

"sv_pure 2" is mean for league play inparticular, so you can make sure
that the server is running in a trusted mode for the away team. It only
allows Steam content, no content from disk (i.e custom maps, etc) can be
used in this mode. It should only be used for league play, normal
internet servers should use "sv_pure 1".

- Alfred