Actually there have been some perfectly good suggestions on how
to fix the problem some less drastic than others but I'm sure no
one will disagree that even the basic naming of the tabs is
confusing.

We are not looking at LAN, Internet, Favourites here which everyone
understands. We have Internet and Custom which to the average Joe
means if he wants to play on the Internet he will pick that tab
without a second thought for the strange "Custom" tab.

The introduction of tags was a fantastic idea but its being totally
ruined by the fact that anyone who goes to use this great new
functionality is "banished" to the backroom Custom tab where,
lets face facts, they are guaranteed to get less players.

But of course its not even that simple, as there is nothing to
stop admins using addons which prevent their low grav, big head,
instagib server appearing on the "Internet" tab. Where all
servers are meant to be, so called standard servers, hence totally
defeating the objective of it anyway.

Quick fix imo: Rename the tabs so they describe what is listed
under them, so something like "Standard" and "Custom" would be
good move.

Even better ditch the Custom tab totally and make use of the
great new tags system to clearly display what custom servers
are running. This will "encourage" admins to advertise their
funky new options instead of forcing them to hide it from
players until they join.

All in all a great new feature is being totally devalued by
a poor implementation and needs to be fixed. I just really hope
that someone is listening to these concerns and acts on it so
we can all benefit from it at the end of the day.

    Regards
    Steve