From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of CLAN RCR
Sent: 16 June 2009 06:13
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: [hlds] Question for Map Makers

So, I'm going to avoid turning this into an advertising message and dispense
with the details.. But I wanted to ask a quick question.

Basically, I have an extra 32 slot server that is doing jack right now, and
I was thinking about maybe turning it into a dedicated map development
server. It's primary purpose would be for map makers to have a mainstream
pub server to test their maps on and such. It would be donation-based and
geared towards helping map makers debug, and at the same time grow the
overall popularity on their map. Maybe even have a few lulz?

I was just wondering about what you fellow admins thought about the validity
of such an endeavor, or maybe if you knew anyone that would be willing to
take advantage of such a resource.

Anyway, like I said this isn't meant to be an advertisement of any type but
I would appreciate some feedback regarding such an idea, or maybe just pass
my address along to anyone you think might be interested.

As always, thanks for your feedback.

-Matt