But I mean it's the mod author's responsiblity to update their mod with a
new engine.
As I quote from the Synergy forums:
"In general the Linux version is very bugged-out right now. I'm hoping it
will be better in the next version; I moved Synergy code changes to Valve's
newer HL2MP source base."

Which I take as meaning the mod author has to push their mod to a more
recent engine. Valve updates the engine, mod authors update their mod to the
new engine.

Jonah Hirsch