On 09/03/2009 04:34 AM, Spencer 'voogru' MacDonald wrote:
> Mods could remove the hats.
>
> But really, common.
>
> It's a freaking halo.
>
> Geez.

This ^

It's funny to bitch about 'all this shit' they keep adding when it
consists of: alternate weapons that expand on the game, and HOLY SHIT
SUPERFLUOUS VISUAL EFFECTS, OH GOD.

Go install CS:S. TF2 is a god damn cartoon shooter where you play
exaggerated caricatures pushing comedic bomb carts at people.

My servers run two mods, and that's 32x and teleporters-in-spawn area
(which has been very successful at negating the otherwise stalemate-fest
of 32x). Both of these are in sv_tags. I don't hack the items system,
give special powers to 'donators', run redirect servers, shorten respawn
times, have fucking quake MULTIKILL sounds, or lower gravity. We dont
even have hlstatsx, rank systems, pointless commands, or teamscrambling
votemapping etc. Somehow, all three servers are ranked top twenty and
doing quite well.

Oh, and we actually maintain solid 66 update rate and <=8 var because I
spent time tweaking things and not worrying about gay little halos
ruinin' mah serious game. Weird how it worked out for us.

- Neph
tf1.game.doublezen.net : tf2.game.doublezen.net : tf3.game.doublezen.net