Is it really necessary to replace motd.txt and host.txt with updates :|

I had just set them up last night, granted it isn't a huge task, and I could
just use cvars to change the targeted files both methods are extra work :(

On the subject, I know it is low priority, but it moots all my hard work at
creating a really nice looking host image, are there any plans to fix the
ugly black bar that cuts off the image.  Not sure if it only affects certain
resolutions - I am yet to find out if it widespread but just in-case I am
running 1920x1080, and there is at least one other confirmed case, seen
here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12132646&postcount=2.

Cheers,

Josh Bost