>Just imagine everyone here would come up with their offtopic questions
>like "omg!!!!111 i´m 16 and my gf is pregnant! what should i do
>now???!", yeah exactly, the list would become as same retarded as the
>steamforums already are. Nobody needs that here.

Again, logical fallacy (Reductio ad absurdum; reduction to the absurd -
taking an argument to the extreme and criticizing the result doesn't make
you right.)

I don't think people understand exactly why people post OT stuff to this
list.  This list is a bunch of server OPs and other people running gaming
communities.  Between us we have a HUGE wealth of knowledge.  Posting to
this list allows people to ask the people MOST LIKELY to know the answers to
their questions directly.  Most of us do this stuff on a  daily basis, and
thus we can share our experiences and make gaming better as a whole (well,
at least some parts of gaming)

To answer the OP, the community I am involved in running uses vBulletin, it
is not free but the big boss swears by it, so we have it.

Cheers,

Joshua 'Dislexsick' Bost