From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Zoid Kirsch
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:19 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: [hlds] Master Server Move

On Wednesday April 14th we will be moving the HL2Master servers to a new set
of IP addresses.  One of the major new features is the new Masters should
return dedicated servers ordered by their geographical distance from the
player requesting the server list, making for lower latency and better
connections.

Dedicated server operators will generally have to restart their dedicated
servers after this move to ensure they will correctly pick up the new
addresses of the these Masters.  The server browser in the Steam client and
in games such as Team Fortress 2 will automatically move to the new Masters.

Server operators that manually set their master servers (we recommend
against this practice however) please use "hl2master.steampowered.com" to
refer to them instead of the IPs directly. This name returns all Master
addresses.

We will update once the move is complete.

--
/// Zoid.