Valve just buys the maps, but they don't do anything beyond that. They can
ask the creators if they would like something changed before they buy it.
Youme updated hoodoo himself after testing it. You can find Icarus talking
about it on tf2maps.

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showpost.php?p=177386&postcount=285