What is the difference between "Mann Up" and "MvM" ? *confused*

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Wander
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 2:16 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] [hlds_linux] Mann Co Servers?

Todd, fletcher is talking about Mann Up servers, those are valve-only

normal MvM servers can still be made by the community

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM, Todd Pettit <pettit.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fletcher so we are not going to be able to run MvM servers tonight at all?
>
> If so why even release the instructions on how to do it? Am I just
misunderstanding this conversation?

<hlds_li...@list.valvesoftware.com>
<hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
> Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:04:59 PM
> Subject: Re: [hlds] [hlds_linux]  Mann Co Servers?
>
>>At launch meaning eventually we'll be able to run them?  If so what's the
current expected timeframe of that happening?

> There is currently no timeline for this happening.  By "at launch" I just
intended to communicate that we have not determined that we would definitely
never do this.  But right now, and for the foreseeable future, Valve plans
to host all the Mann Up servers.

> I expect there will be a very large population of players playing MvM in
the regular mode.  Probably larger than the number of people Manning Up.