From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com [mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Jeff Sugar
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 11:45 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] Who do we send netspike.txt log too?

I'm relatively sure it is just TF2 right now.

I'm sure it'll make its way to the other games once the fix is confirmed to work, but whether it's brought sooner (in its current workaround-y form /w these cvars) or later (once the issue itself is genuinely fixed) is anybody's guess. On May 15, 2013 11:40 AM, "Charlie" <sprayp...@gmail.com<mailto:sprayp...@gmail.com>> wrote: Was this prerelease just pushed for TF2 or all Steampipe converted Source games? Will the new compression scheme (if switched) be rolled out to all?

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Jeff Sugar <jeffsu...@gmail.com<mailto:jeffsu...@gmail.com>> wrote: I just updated mine, and both commands are showing up fine. Try doing a validate on the server you updated to make sure it didn't miss anything

Also, I'm not sure how many other people are trying out this prerelease, but if I find anything out from my regulars before others get some idea whether this works/helps or not, I'll definitely contribute the info.

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:12 AM, DragonLight <ad...@ponyfortress2.com<mailto:ad...@ponyfortress2.com>> wrote: Updated one of my servers to the prerelease beta version but its not recognizing the new sv_ commands.

Quoting Fletcher Dunn <fletch...@valvesoftware.com<mailto:fletch...@valvesoftware.com>>:
These are temporary measures to help diagnose and workaround the problem.

Once we confirm that this is the issue, we'll switch to Snappy or some other fast compression library. Our own hand-rolled LZSS compressor is known to be slow.