Do not know specifically, but from watching the numbers seems about 1.5x more going out then normal. Really other then a little bit more bandwidth it was hardly noticeable. Thats a real rough guess from sitting in a 32 player server and watching what I was receiving from the server.

Some low bandwidth folks had a hard time playing though, but there was very few of them. Most of our players have high bandwidth connections though so wasn't noticeable.

CPU usage was lower, was kind of nice actually :) Should make that a normal option in Source games to let owners decided to compress snapshots or not to save CPU cycles at the expense of a little more bandwidth.

Quoting Jeff Sugar <jeffsu...@gmail.com>:

Out of curiosity, how much more is it?

I know we can handle it, since the server's been running fine with no
complaints, but I'm away from the PC, so I thought one of you had done a
comparison of the bandwith reqs.