We've been having trouble with cstrike since the Sept 16th update.
Apparently it's client-side and something to do with caching. If you
have any more information, I'd love to hear about it. Ryan Stecker
found a temporary fix (have the client purge their
tf/sound/sound.cache file), as to a permanent solution I haven't a
clue. I don't believe servers can fix this.

Kyle.