And that's why cl_disablehtmlmotd exists, to allow the choice. All
disabling Flash and other elements in a HTML MOTD for all servers will do
is just punish everyone, it's hardly a solution really. You may as well say
"lets take away all abilities to customise any element in the game from
GSO's", because little by little that's what it's becoming if that happens.
Now, if users had the options to disable certain elements within the HTML
MOTD, rather than disable the HTML MOTD entirely with cl_disablehtmlmotd,
then that might be a reasonable solution.