Are you all really surprised by this? Valve doesn't care about community
servers anymore. The moment 1 person complains that they couldn't wait 15
seconds for quickplay, it gets removed.

Anyway you are all acting like half life 3 was announced.

The majority of players still click play now instead of using the server
browser so removing valve servers from the browser list probably does very
little for your own servers.