From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Jesse Molina
[je...@opendreams.net]
Sent: 25 July 2011 11:42
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] cpu on i7 920

The network traffic that srcds uses is mostly udp, not tcp, so all the
tcp driver offloading stuff is not involved here, for the most part.

Any old network card should do.

Not that the quality of the driver doesn't affect udp traffic.  Some
drivers can have trouble with large amounts of small udp traffic, or
large udp traffic.  The game server traffic here is quite modest though.
  I don't think anything networking related would be involved with the
CPU problems (I'm a Cisco/Juniper network engineer and do high-bandwidth
supercomputing stuff)

--
# Jesse Molina
# Mail = je...@opendreams.net