That is not what they mean. They mean that the client saves it by DNS name like

srv1.community.xxx:27015
srv1.community.xxx:27020
srv2.community.xxx:27015
etc
instead that that gets resolved to IP, and then saved as a IP:port in the
server list. They want the clients to save it by URL:port, so moving to a new
hardware server won't lose their players.

I rather see that comm's can add servers by IP to their Steam group, and that
those get into a tab in the steam browser for easy finding their servers.

Let the client be able to enable or disable this (choose default
opt-in/opt-out, then per group in or out), so ppl with a huge list of groups
can opt out default, and include only a few groups, and ppl who have few groups
can opt in and exclude a few groups.

Server owners can easily update the list of servers, Valve can verify quite
easily on their backend if its really a server, and it solves all problems with
"saving" servers in the favorites, for they can go to that tab, favorite all
they want, and get on.