It seems that DRYML so far has been designed to be very TAG-centered,
which seems to make it unfit for use with Javascript-centered code
such as that used by ExtJS.
A Proof Of Concept:

I would like to generate the following ExtJS code using DRYML.

  new Ext.Window({
        title    : 'Window 1',
        width    : 200,
        height   : 180
  }).show();

I picture something like this pseudocode would be useful:

<def tag="ext-window">
  <attribute-params names="width, height"/>
  <tag-params names="title"/>
  <script type="text/javascript">
  new Ext.Window({
        title    : '<param title/>',
        width    : <param width/>,
        height   : <param height/>
  }).show();
  </script>
</def>

OR

<def tag="ext-window">
  <attribute-params names="width, height"/>
  <tag-params names="title"/>
  <script type="text/javascript">
  new Ext.Window({
        title    : '@param-title',
        width    : @param-width,
        height   : @param-height
  }).show();
  </script>
</def>


This new tag could then be called like:

<ext-window>
 <title>Window 1</title>
 <width>200</title>
 <height>180</height>
</ext-window>

OR more simply

<ext-window height="200" width="180">
 <title>Window 1</title>
</ext-window>

Rule: Any attribute-paramer can also be supplied as a tag-parameter.
--

I wonder if it would be easy to path DRYML <def tag=".."> to allow for
something like this? Or is there another possible approach I am not
yet aware of?
Please advice, anyone! ;)

Kristian
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to