Thanks Matt, that will surely work.

But... what if i want certain models to have one format, and certain
others to have another one, etc... ?

I know i know, i can do that for sure on each view.... but then i´m
losing all the advantages of having hobo !

I think ViewHinst should be the right place for this, analyzing on the
Dryml generators for each model

Any ideas?

On 15 nov, 15:30, Matt Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Nov 15, 2010, at 1:04 PM, jaclinuxhelp wrote:
>
> > Hi!:
>
> >  I guess ViewHints would be the right place to put that... but it
> > seems it is not supported by hobo. What i want, is a way to determine
> > centrally on my app the format that a given date field should use.
>
> > Hope there is a way... or somebody implements this!
>
> There's nothing Hobo-specific, since the ActiveSupport stuff works pretty 
> well. Here's a sample from a production app:
>
> (in config/initializers/date_formats.rb):
>
> Time::DATE_FORMATS[:slashed] = "%m/%d/%Y"
> Time::DATE_FORMATS[:default] = "%m/%d/%Y %I:%M%p"
> Time::DATE_FORMATS[:ampm_time] = "%I:%M%p"
> Date::DATE_FORMATS[:default] = "%m/%d/%Y"
> Date::DATE_FORMATS[:slashed] = "%m/%d/%Y"
>
> the :default lines are the most important; they set what happens when view 
> code calls to_s on a DateTime or Date object. See the ruby-core docs for 
> strftime for the full list of specifiers.
>
> No idea how that interacts with localization, though - anybody who's done it 
> have more info?
>
> --Matt Jones

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en.

Reply via email to