I havent had any problems so far having a model named Request, as long
as we don't use @request for anything in the controller, it has been
OK.  It is less than ideal, but it would be a major overhaul to
refactor that away.  I am willing to do that, but only once I am
certain there is no other option :).  Here are the contents of my
init.rb:

$KCODE = 'u'

module ActionController
  class AbstractRequest < ActionController::Request
    def self.relative_url_root=(path)
      ActionController::Base.relative_url_root=(path)
    end
    def self.relative_url_root
      ActionController::Base.relative_url_root
    end
  end
end


require 'action_web_service'

# These need to be in the load path for action_web_service to work
Dependencies.load_paths += ["#{RAILS_ROOT}/app/apis"]

# AWS Test helpers
require 'action_web_service/test_invoke' if ENV['RAILS_ENV'] == 'test'







On Nov 16, 6:45 pm, Matt Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2010, at 8:07 PM, Blizzo wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the quick replies. I tried putting: require 'hobo' at the
> > end of my environment.rb.  No change.
>
> > Here is a complete stacktrace:
>
> > $ ruby script/server
> > => Booting Mongrel
> > => Rails 2.3.10 application starting onhttp://0.0.0.0:3000
> > /usr/local/ruby-1.8.7-p160/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.10/
> > lib/active_record/base.rb:1998:in `method_missing_without_paginate':
> > undefined local variable or method `hobo_model' for #<Class:
> > 0x1055cb880> (NameError)
> >    from /my_app/vendor/plugins/will_paginate/lib/will_paginate/finder.rb:
> > 165:in `method_missing'
> >    from /my_app/app/models/request.rb:4
>
> This is not a good thing - 'request' is a quasi-reserved word now, and 
> there's a good chance the constant loader is confused...
>
> [snip]
>
> >    from /my_app/vendor/plugins/actionwebservice/init.rb:4:in
> > `evaluate_init_rb'
>
> I couldn't find an init.rb in any of the official repos for actionwebservice 
> - can you post that file?
>
> --Matt Jones

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en.

Reply via email to