It sounds like you need to set the tag to be owned by the user
initially, so that they can view it.  You could add this to your field
defintion: :creator => true  So it might look like:

belongs_to :creator, :class_name => "User", :creator => true

That creator feature is built into hobo.  A pure rails way tow do it
would be to create a filter for before validation or before creation
and have it set the user.


If I'm reading this wrong and you can't even get to the new page, know
about this:
view permitted if:
acting_user == user || new_record?

--Peter


On Nov 16, 11:24 pm, Mark Sobkowicz <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm trying to extend the "recipe" tutorial - I've gotten alot of help here.   
> The next thing I'm trying to do is to add a "tags" model.   I want them to 
> behave like private categories.   So there is a has_many through relationship 
> between tags and recipes, and tags also belong to users.  The problem is the 
> view_permitted for Tags.  If I set it to acting_user == user, a user cannot 
> create a new tag - asking for the new tag view gives an error.   If I make 
> view_permitted always true, everyone can see everyone elses tags, which makes 
> them just like categories.
>
> I suspect there is a way to get a new view for tag that already belongs to a 
> user, so I can leave the view_permitted set to the user, but I'm not sure 
> what it is.  
>
> Mark

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en.

Reply via email to