Thanks.  That did the trick.   So I added "tags" to the fieldlist for the edit 
page.   Now I have a permissions problem.   If I say:

        def view_permitted?(field)
                acting_user== creator
    
        end

Tags do not show up on the edit page.  If I put

        def view_permitted?(field)
                true
        end

They do show up, but everyone's tags show up - not just the users own tags.   
Is there a way to change the permissions so that only the users' own tags show? 
   Or a way to extend the form element tag so that it only shows the current 
users' tags? 





On Nov 17, 2010, at 1:05 AM, Peter Ehrlich wrote:

> It sounds like you need to set the tag to be owned by the user
> initially, so that they can view it.  You could add this to your field
> defintion: :creator => true  So it might look like:
> 
> belongs_to :creator, :class_name => "User", :creator => true
> 
> That creator feature is built into hobo.  A pure rails way tow do it
> would be to create a filter for before validation or before creation
> and have it set the user.
> 
> 
> If I'm reading this wrong and you can't even get to the new page, know
> about this:
> view permitted if:
> acting_user == user || new_record?
> 
> --Peter

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en.

Reply via email to