I am still working on the problem of users tagging recipes.   I could not use 
<select-many>, because <select-many> requires that the items being selected 
from have unique names, and I want users to make their own tags, so that some 
might indeed have the same name.   I want the users to tag recipes on the 
show-page, rather than the edit page, since only the owner of a recipe can edit 
the recipe.   So on the recipe show page I put:

                                <form update="recipe">
                                        <check-many:tags/>
                                <submit label="Update Tags"/>
                                </form>

And I get the right thing on the page - a list of the user's own tags, with 
checkboxes.   If I click the "Update Tags" button, I get an error.

ActiveRecord::AssociationTypeMismatch (Tag expected, got String):
  hobo (1.0.1) lib/active_record/association_proxy.rb:20:in 
`raise_on_type_mismatch'
  hobo (1.0.1) lib/hobo/model.rb:399:in `send'
  hobo (1.0.1) lib/hobo/model.rb:399:in `attributes='
  hobo (1.0.1) lib/hobo/permissions.rb:194:in `user_update_attributes'
  hobo (1.0.1) lib/hobo/permissions.rb:171:in `with_acting_user'
  hobo (1.0.1) lib/hobo/permissions.rb:193:in `user_update_attributes'
  hobo (1.0.1) lib/hobo/model_controller.rb:593:in `hobo_update'
  hobo (1.0.1) lib/hobo/model_controller.rb:156:in `update'
  hobo (1.0.1) lib/hobo/controller.rb:23:in `call'
  hobo (1.0.1) lib/hobo/controller.rb:23:in `included_in_class'
  
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:104:in
 `service'
  
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:65:in
 `run'
  
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:173:in
 `start_thread'
  
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:162:in
 `start'
  
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:162:in
 `start_thread'
  
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:95:in
 `start'
  
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:92:in
 `each'
  
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:92:in
 `start'
  
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:23:in
 `start'
  
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:82:in
 `start'


By the way, the page itself freezes on the browser window (Safari), and the 
error page html shows up as text in a modal dialog box - I can't get rid of it 
and have to quit the browser.


-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en.

Reply via email to