On 11/13/2012 09:22 AM, Mark Townsley wrote:

Each and every part of the router must do everything it can to work without bugging the user. it's
enough work to bother them for the *really* important stuff like "do I let this device on the
network?", "do I allow connectivity with my neighbor", etc.

That and motherhood and apple pies. But then your home network melts
down. Then what?

I'll say again: we have no experience at all with mass deployment of complex
zero-touch networks. In fact, we have no experience at all with mass deployment
of anything other than flat networks with clients only. As Jim Getty's points
out,
we do have some experience with accidentally complex networks with poor to
non-existent means to whip them back into submission and it's not pretty.

Mike