On 09/17/2014 06:37 AM, Michael Richardson wrote:
Michael Thomas <m...@mtcc.com> wrote:
     >> I further suggest that if two routers have wireless that they might
     >> well have a WPA2/PSK available to them, and that they can and SHOULD
     >> use something derived from that key to authenticate each other.  Could
     >> be over IKEv2, yes.

     > If I have more than one SSID, which PSK should the router use?

Whichever ones authenticates the message.  The PSK is not transmitted.

I'm about to send a routing update, or whatever message. Which WPA2 key does the router use?

     > And if it's a simple derivation, that means that anybody with the right
     > PSK can derive that key and participate in routing whether we want them
     > to or not, right? That is, where is the authz?

That's the nature of a PSK, yes.

I want to control people who I give access to my home network to participate in routing or not. Overloading network access control with access to control plane modification sounds like a
bad idea to me.

If you wanted to overload the use of a key, it might better to derive a key from their admin
logins. But it would be best of all to not overload anything.

Mike