> Op 27 feb. 2015, om 12:39 heeft Juliusz Chroboczek
> <j...@pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> het volgende geschreven:
>
>>> When performance in dual stack networks with multiple WiFi AP's in homes
>>> suffers from homenet protocols, this WG produces dead protocols.
>
>> Why would homenet cause wifi APs to suffer more than they do today?
>
> I think Teco was reacting to the suggestion that we perform wifi-wifi
> bridging at a larger scale that is done today.

I'm not advocating large layer-2 topologies. I prefer to stay away from
broadcast storms and other fun. But today's WiFi stack is build on the
assumption that an SSID equals an IP subnet. WiFi handover is within an SSID.

My personal goal is to set up a standards based CAT5 + WiFi homenet that
performs well. I can replace all my switches and wireless routers with the
monthly budget for cable and mobile connections. But I cannot buy something
that works, unless I tenfold the budget and buy an enterprise solution.

My call is: keep going, let's solve it. If it takes TRILL, CAPWAP, CPE/cloud
based SDN: so be it. I want to see two- or three-pack high-end wired/wireless
homenet router kits in the shop that will replace our current gear.

Teco