well, just to clarify further, JSF pages implementation on the server side 
use "ViewState" hidden field and
the page when posted requires the "encoded" value for this ViewState to be 
sent as well.

I got it resolved by retrieving this value from the response doing a fake 
"GET" call before I do the actual
POST.

I am sure, you all must have encountered this "ViewState" thingy, and post 
your comments, suggestions,
tips/tricks, so other users might find useful.

-thanks again for holding the fort!
Ranthy.




Oleg Kalnichevski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
04/06/2008 05:29 AM
Please respond to
"HttpClient User Discussion" <[email protected]>


To
HttpClient User Discussion <[email protected]>
cc

Subject
Re: HttpClient with JSF pages







On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 18:46 -0500, Ranthydev Rereddy wrote:
> Hello.
> 
> I am attempting to use HttpClient to access a jsf page for uploading 
> files. The jsf page has a submit button that invokes an action on a 
bean.
> When I first access the jsf page it returns the file upload page with a 
> jsessionid. When I submit my request with the post method for file 
upload,
> the HttpClient instance automatically sends the session id but it does 
not 
> invoke the action on the bean.
> 
> Has this HttpClient 3.1 been tested with jsf pages?

>From the HTTP protocol standpoint JSF is no different than any other web
frameworks. They all generate some kind of HTML markup at the end of the
day.

Have a look at the HttpClient programming primer and double-check your
code. 

http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/ForAbsoluteBeginners

Oleg

> We do not receive any errors and the bean is being instantiated but the 
> bean method is not being invoked.
> There is no login involved. IE works for the same url.
> 
> I will happily consider any responses.
> 
> Thank you,
> Ranthydev Rereddy


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Reply via email to