Thanks a lot Greg! There's a fair amount of info on
this subject floating around, unfortunately most of it
is out of date and it's hard to find a solid example.

If anyone else is looking for an answer to this, the
following code is the solution:

public static void trustAllCerts() throws Exception {
   ProtocolSocketFactory sf=new
EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory();
                Protocol p = new Protocol("https", sf, 443);
                Protocol.registerProtocol("https", p);
        }


--- "Moore, Greg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> George,
> Did you take a look at
> http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/sslguide.html
> at the EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory. there is an
> EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory and an EasyTrustmanager
> in SVN that seem to
> do ok. of course I wouldn't use it for production.
> 
> maybe this would help too. 
>
http://www.matthewekent.com/2007/09/httpclient-ssl-support-how-to-.html
> 
> 
> Greg.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: George Ludwig [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
> Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 5:07 PM
> To: HttpClient User Discussion
> Subject: getting httpclient to trust all certs for
> ssl?
> 
> This seems to have come up before, but I've not been
> able  to find a resolution that works.
> 
> Basically, I want to trust all SSL certs. I doing
> web
> harvesting, and I just don't care if a cert is
> valid,
> self signed, or has valid trust chain.
> 
> I've tried a couple of solutions I found on the web,
> but they don't seem to work. Does anyone have a
> reliable solution to this?
> 
> The last one I tried was this:
> 
> public static void trustAllCerts() {
>       // Create a trust manager that does not validate
> certificate chains
>     TrustManager[] trustAllCerts = new
> TrustManager[]{
>         new X509TrustManager() {
>             public
> java.security.cert.X509Certificate[]
> getAcceptedIssuers() {
>                 return null;
>             }
>             public void checkClientTrusted(
>                 java.security.cert.X509Certificate[]
> certs, String authType) {
>             }
>             public void checkServerTrusted(
>                 java.security.cert.X509Certificate[]
> certs, String authType) {
>             }
>         }
>     };
>     
>     // Install the all-trusting trust manager
>     try {
>         SSLContext sc =
> SSLContext.getInstance("SSL");
>         sc.init(null, trustAllCerts, new
> java.security.SecureRandom());
>        
>
HttpsURLConnection.setDefaultSSLSocketFactory(sc.getSocketFactory());
>     } catch (Exception e) {
>     } 
> }
> 
> I'm currently getting this exception:
> 
> javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
> sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path
> validation failed:
> java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Path
> does not chain with any of the trust anchors
> error!
> 
> 
> [stack trace deleted]
> 
> 
> This message and any attachments are intended only
> for the use of the addressee and may contain
> information that is privileged and confidential. If
> the reader of the message is not the intended
> recipient or an authorized representative of the
> intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
> dissemination of this communication is strictly
> prohibited. If you have received this communication
> in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and
> delete the message and any attachments from your
> system.
> 
>
---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> 



      
____________________________________________________________________________________
You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total 
Access, No Cost.  
http://tc.deals.yahoo.com/tc/blockbuster/text5.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to