Greg,

You reminded me, I'd meant to post another follow-up
on this subject.

The code example I published works, however it needs
the not-yet-commons-ssl library, which can be found
here: http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/

I'm not sure if he includes the entire contribs jar in
his jar. I don't need the contriibs jar in my
classpath for the code to work. And the contribs jar
by itself will not work.

I'm not sure what the exact issue was, but I was
getting a PKIX validation error when trying to access
this url: https://xlsoutlet.1a-shops.eu/ My guess is
that the cert is invalid for some reason, like expired
or somsuch, because even using the
EasySSLSocketFactory from the contribs jar I could not
talk with the site.

I haven't had the time to look in to this issue in
detail. All I know is that it works now.

Best,

George

--- "Moore, Greg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Glad I was able to help George. and thanks for the
> code. your example is
> what I was actually looking for originally. :)
> 
> My personal beef is that none of the examples on the
> sslguide show what
> the imports are and as you've said there are a lot
> of out dated
> examples.
> I would be nice to have a complete examples along
> the lines of...
> here are the includes you need for the examples
> below
> if you want to accept everything... [full code
> example]
> if you want to check certs... [full code example]
> if you want to be really paranoid and check
> everything ... [full code
> example]
> 
> Especially for people, like me, that have never done
> programming using
> https it would be helpful. But I'm using Jython so
> maybe I just look at
> thing differently :)
> 
> Greg.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: George Ludwig [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
> Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 1:54 PM
> To: HttpClient User Discussion
> Subject: RE: getting httpclient to trust all certs
> for ssl?
> 
> Crap, my fat fingered typing prematurely sent the
> response.
> 
> Execute this at any time before the SSL session:
> 
> public static void trustAllCerts() throws Exception
> {
>    ProtocolSocketFactory sf=new   
>       EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory();
>    Protocol p = new Protocol("https", sf, 443);
>    Protocol.registerProtocol("https", p);
> }
> 
> As a side comment, is there any reason why the
> contribs area is not included by default in the
> httpclient binary distribution? It just complicates
> my
> project management, seemingly unnecessarily.
> 
> Thanks again Greg!
> 
> -George
> 
> --- "Moore, Greg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 
> > George,
> > Did you take a look at
> > http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/sslguide.html
> > at the EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory. there is an
> > EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory and an
> EasyTrustmanager
> > in SVN that seem to
> > do ok. of course I wouldn't use it for production.
> > 
> > maybe this would help too. 
> >
>
http://www.matthewekent.com/2007/09/httpclient-ssl-support-how-to-.html
> > 
> > 
> > Greg.
> > 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: George Ludwig
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
> > Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 5:07 PM
> > To: HttpClient User Discussion
> > Subject: getting httpclient to trust all certs for
> > ssl?
> > 
> > This seems to have come up before, but I've not
> been
> > able  to find a resolution that works.
> > 
> > Basically, I want to trust all SSL certs. I doing
> > web
> > harvesting, and I just don't care if a cert is
> > valid,
> > self signed, or has valid trust chain.
> > 
> > I've tried a couple of solutions I found on the
> web,
> > but they don't seem to work. Does anyone have a
> > reliable solution to this?
> > 
> > The last one I tried was this:
> > 
> > public static void trustAllCerts() {
> >     // Create a trust manager that does not validate
> > certificate chains
> >     TrustManager[] trustAllCerts = new
> > TrustManager[]{
> >         new X509TrustManager() {
> >             public
> > java.security.cert.X509Certificate[]
> > getAcceptedIssuers() {
> >                 return null;
> >             }
> >             public void checkClientTrusted(
> >                
> java.security.cert.X509Certificate[]
> > certs, String authType) {
> >             }
> >             public void checkServerTrusted(
> >                
> java.security.cert.X509Certificate[]
> > certs, String authType) {
> >             }
> >         }
> >     };
> >     
> >     // Install the all-trusting trust manager
> >     try {
> >         SSLContext sc =
> > SSLContext.getInstance("SSL");
> >         sc.init(null, trustAllCerts, new
> > java.security.SecureRandom());
> >        
> >
>
HttpsURLConnection.setDefaultSSLSocketFactory(sc.getSocketFactory());
> >     } catch (Exception e) {
> >     }       
> > }
> > 
> > I'm currently getting this exception:
> > 
> > javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
> > sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX
> path
> > validation failed:
> > java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException:
> Path
> > does not chain with any of the trust anchors
> > error!
> > 
> > 
> > [stack trace deleted]
> > 
> > 
> > This message and any attachments are intended only
> > for the use of the addressee and may contain
> > information that is privileged and confidential.
> If
> > the reader of the message is not the intended
> > recipient or an authorized representative of the
> > intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
> any
> > dissemination of this communication is strictly
> > prohibited. If you have received this
> communication
> > in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail
> and
> > delete the message and any attachments from your
> > system.
> > 
> >
>
---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > 
> > 
> 
> 
> 
>  
>
________________________________________________________________________
> ____________
> You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one
> month of Blockbuster
> Total Access, No Cost.  
> http://tc.deals.yahoo.com/tc/blockbuster/text5.com
> 
>
---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> 
> 
> This message and any attachments are intended only
> for the use of the addressee and may contain
> information that is privileged and confidential. If
> the reader of the message is not the intended
> recipient or an authorized representative of the
> intended 
=== message truncated ===


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to