Glad I was able to help George. and thanks for the code. your example is
what I was actually looking for originally. :)

My personal beef is that none of the examples on the sslguide show what
the imports are and as you've said there are a lot of out dated
examples.
I would be nice to have a complete examples along the lines of...
here are the includes you need for the examples below
if you want to accept everything... [full code example]
if you want to check certs... [full code example]
if you want to be really paranoid and check everything ... [full code
example]

Especially for people, like me, that have never done programming using
https it would be helpful. But I'm using Jython so maybe I just look at
thing differently :)

Greg.

-----Original Message-----
From: George Ludwig [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 1:54 PM
To: HttpClient User Discussion
Subject: RE: getting httpclient to trust all certs for ssl?

Crap, my fat fingered typing prematurely sent the
response.

Execute this at any time before the SSL session:

public static void trustAllCerts() throws Exception {
   ProtocolSocketFactory sf=new   
      EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory();
   Protocol p = new Protocol("https", sf, 443);
   Protocol.registerProtocol("https", p);
}

As a side comment, is there any reason why the
contribs area is not included by default in the
httpclient binary distribution? It just complicates my
project management, seemingly unnecessarily.

Thanks again Greg!

-George

--- "Moore, Greg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> George,
> Did you take a look at
> http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/sslguide.html
> at the EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory. there is an
> EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory and an EasyTrustmanager
> in SVN that seem to
> do ok. of course I wouldn't use it for production.
> 
> maybe this would help too. 
>
http://www.matthewekent.com/2007/09/httpclient-ssl-support-how-to-.html
> 
> 
> Greg.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: George Ludwig [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
> Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 5:07 PM
> To: HttpClient User Discussion
> Subject: getting httpclient to trust all certs for
> ssl?
> 
> This seems to have come up before, but I've not been
> able  to find a resolution that works.
> 
> Basically, I want to trust all SSL certs. I doing
> web
> harvesting, and I just don't care if a cert is
> valid,
> self signed, or has valid trust chain.
> 
> I've tried a couple of solutions I found on the web,
> but they don't seem to work. Does anyone have a
> reliable solution to this?
> 
> The last one I tried was this:
> 
> public static void trustAllCerts() {
>       // Create a trust manager that does not validate
> certificate chains
>     TrustManager[] trustAllCerts = new
> TrustManager[]{
>         new X509TrustManager() {
>             public
> java.security.cert.X509Certificate[]
> getAcceptedIssuers() {
>                 return null;
>             }
>             public void checkClientTrusted(
>                 java.security.cert.X509Certificate[]
> certs, String authType) {
>             }
>             public void checkServerTrusted(
>                 java.security.cert.X509Certificate[]
> certs, String authType) {
>             }
>         }
>     };
>     
>     // Install the all-trusting trust manager
>     try {
>         SSLContext sc =
> SSLContext.getInstance("SSL");
>         sc.init(null, trustAllCerts, new
> java.security.SecureRandom());
>        
>
HttpsURLConnection.setDefaultSSLSocketFactory(sc.getSocketFactory());
>     } catch (Exception e) {
>     } 
> }
> 
> I'm currently getting this exception:
> 
> javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
> sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path
> validation failed:
> java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Path
> does not chain with any of the trust anchors
> error!
> 
> 
> [stack trace deleted]
> 
> 
> This message and any attachments are intended only
> for the use of the addressee and may contain
> information that is privileged and confidential. If
> the reader of the message is not the intended
> recipient or an authorized representative of the
> intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
> dissemination of this communication is strictly
> prohibited. If you have received this communication
> in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and
> delete the message and any attachments from your
> system.
> 
>
---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> 



 
________________________________________________________________________
____________
You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster
Total Access, No Cost.  
http://tc.deals.yahoo.com/tc/blockbuster/text5.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]



This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee 
and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader 
of the message is not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of 
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this 
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication 
in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the message and any 
attachments from your system.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to