Hi all,

Almost all readers by now know that enfuse can be used for exposure fusion
[1] to increase the dynamic range and get greater detail and well balanced
exposure in your enfused resulting image.
An increasing number of readers also know that you can use enfuse for
increased Depth Of field (DOF) images, also known as focus stacks or focus
blends [2][3].

I also use enfuse quite often for noise reduction, both for normal photo's,
bracketed sets and darker panorama's.

I can't find any documentation related to that on the web, not even on the
enblend/enfuse project home page [4], so I assume it is a little known or
even unknown fact. I discovered it myself during the Christmas holidays when
making photo's indoors which had (severe) noise in them. Than I got the
golden idea (well, I think it was) to make an image stack and feed it into
enfuse (actually into my ImageFuser).
I assume this enfuse functionality is an undiscovered gem as it has never
been the purpose of the enfuse tool. It's just a nice side effect, and a
very effective one.
I think it is very nice functionality. I know most camera's nowadays have
noise reduction systems but I find these inferior to enfuse. I assume you
can even improve the result with the enfuse expert options, but this is also
an area I'm just beginning to discover.

So I decided to add a chapter (ch. 5) on "noise reduction" to the ImageFuser
online manual at <http://members.home.nl/harryvanderwolf/imagefusermanual/>
I wrote the exact same piece on the panotools wiki at <
http://wiki.panotools.org/Noise_reduction_with_enfuse>. However, this one
from the viewpoint of using enfuse and align_image_stack from the command
line.

Any comments or improvements are welcome.

Hoi,
Harry

[1]: <
http://web4.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/j.kautz/publications/exposure_fusion.pdf>
[2]: <
http://wiki.panotools.org/Enfuse_reference_manual#Focus_Stacks_.E2.80.93_Depth-of-Field_Increase
>
[3]: <
http://edu-perez-en.blogspot.com/2009/01/greater-depth-field-macro.html>
[4]: http://enblend.sourceforge.net

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to