Hi Folks,
I wonder does anyone have experience stitching TIFF files with an
alpha channel mask?

I have always thought that it would be useful and finally got around
to trying it this week.

Usually I take two ground shots,  standing in slightly different
places then include one in the Hugin stitch and then afterwards use
the other one to patch out the photographer's feet using Photoshop on
the down face of the cube.

So this time I used Photoshop before the stitch - selected the area I
wanted included and used "Select-menu / SaveSelection"  to create an
Alpha channel masking out the photographer's feet.   I did this on
both down shots and included them both in the Hugin stitch.

I was happy with the result:
   http://veryderry.com/db/location.php?pano=441
no photographer's feet, no patching required.

So I tried it on a second set of images  - I used  the same method
created an Alpha Channel mask when I look at the preview of the file
in the Mac Finder there is a white space where the feet were.  But
when I stitch the images together Hugin seems to have ignored the mask
and the feet are there!  I have tried several variations and compared
the TIFF files between the two projects and have eliminated all the
difference. (First time around the Alpha channel was called "Alpha" on
the one that worked and not on the other so I changed that and re-ran
the stitch but of course it made no difference.)

So after all that long preamble my question is  ... have other people
had problems with Alpha channel masking?  Is there a known error that
makes it work on some projects and not on others?  Is there some fine
detail that has to be "just so" with Alpha channel masks?

Any insights would be very welcome.

George


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to