2009/4/19 grow <[email protected]>

>
> Harry,
>
> Thanks for the rapid response.
> While I posted the message I noticed that it looked like Hugin was
> running out memory and wondered whether there was buffer somewhere
> whose size I could increase.
>
> So I will tweak that preference and give it a try.
>
> I have Hugin running a big stitch 12,000 x 6,000 stitch at the
> moment ... that will take another hour or so and then I will give the
> increased buffer a try later this evening.
>
> Do you know would a larger buffer improve performance generally?  I
> have 5.5 Gb of RAM on this machine so I could easily give it more than
> 75Mb all the time.
>

I have 2GB of RAM and I have been working with sizes of 250-350MB. Somewhere
last year we had this 76 6Mpix images. I had the buffer at 125 MB and when I
increased it to 350 MB, the performance improvement was  impressive.
I haven't got exact measurements though and I didn't try to optimize. Maybe
it would have been faster with 250 MB or 450MB. I really don't know.
It was just better when going from 125MB to 350MB.

Harry

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to