Hi George,,

This same error was reported on Newyears day by "nobody" (hugin-Bugs-2480029).
Despite my request for more info we didn't get it.
I know there are some "irregularities" with malloc on OSX.
Ippei made a hack for it in the scripts we use and he added some (subtle)
comments:
 # hack; AC_FUNC_MALLOC sucks!!
 mv "./config.h" "./config.h-copy";
 sed -e 's/HAVE_MALLOC\ 0/HAVE_MALLOC\ 1/' \
     -e 's/rpl_malloc/malloc/' \
     "./config.h-copy" > "./config.h";

Maybe by now it hurst more than it helps.
(Sorry, I'm the builder not the developer.) I never encountered this error
myself.
In Hugin->Preferences->General you can set the image memory buffer. By
default it's set to 75 MB. Could you try again with something like
150-200MB?

Harry


2009/4/19 grow <[email protected]>

>
> I tried repeating these techniques on a subsequent stitch from the
> same day's shooting   and now I get a crash of Hugin during
> stitching.
>
> For the crash case the sequence went like this:
> a) the stitch ran OK with some simple masks on the photographer's
> feet.
> b) then I tried adding extra photographs with some extra features ...
> these photographs had masks over the rest of the photograph leaving
> just the "extra feature". This stitch worked but the resulting
> panorama did not look quite as I wanted it.
> c) so I added another mask to the "main" image at the point where I
> wanted the extra-feature to show through.
>
> At case c) Hugin crashed!   The error report is below.  I will go back
> to case a) and add my extra features using patches in Photoshop after
> the stitch ... so I am providing this in the hope that I might help
> someone find a bug rather than because I need the problem resolved.
>
<snip>


> Estimated space required for this blend step: 356MB
> Generating Gaussian pyramid:  g0 g1 g2 g3 g4 g5 g6 g7 g8
> Generating Gaussian pyramid:  g0 g1 g2 g3 g4 g5 g6 g7 g8
> Generating Laplacian pyramid: l0 l1 l2 l3 l4 l5 l6 l7 l8
> Generating Gaussian pyramid:  g0 g1 g2 g3 g4 g5 g6 g7 g8
> Generating Laplacian pyramid: l0 l1 l2 l3 l4 l5 l6 l7 l8
> Blending layers:              l0 l1 l2 l3 l4 l5 l6 l7 l8
> Collapsing Laplacian pyramid: l8 l7 l6 l5 l4 l3 l2 l1 l0
> Loading next image: NearLightHouse_Patched_stack_ldr_0003.tif
> assembled images bounding box: [(0, 333) to (5000, 2149) =
> (5000x1816)]
> image union bounding box: [(0, 325) to (5000, 2149) = (5000x1824)]
> image intersection bounding box: [(0, 333) to (5000, 2148) =
> (5000x1815)]
> Estimated space required for mask generation: 219MB
> Creating blend mask: 1/6 2/6 3/6 4/6 5/6 6/6
> enblend(16422) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=1069056) failed (error
> code=3)
> enblend(16422) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
> enblend(16422) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
> enblend(16422) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=1069056) failed (error
> code=3)
> enblend(16422) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
> enblend(16422) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
> enblend(16422) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=1069056) failed (error
> code=3)
> enblend(16422) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
> enblend(16422) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
> enblend(16422) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=1069056) failed (error
> code=3)
> enblend(16422) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
> enblend(16422) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
> terminate called recursively
> gnumake: *** [NearLightHouse_Patched_fused.tif] Abort trap
> gnumake: *** Deleting file `NearLightHouse_Patched_fused.tif'


<snip>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to