Thanks to both of you for those replies and particular thanks to
Bruno.

Since posting the original request I have had success with several
other stitches with images that have Alpha Channel masks and the one
mentioned in my earlier message is the only case where some masks
seemed to be arbitrarily ignored.  I hadn't considered the order of
images - so that is a very useful insight.

I  have other commitments today - but as soon as I get a chance I
will experiment with switching the order in the images in the  stitch
that was producing the confusing result.

all the best
George

On Apr 16, 11:52 pm, Bruno Postle <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sat 11-Apr-2009 at 04:06 -0700, grow wrote:
>
>
>
> > So after all that long preamble my question is  ... have other
> > people had problems with Alpha channel masking?  Is there a known
> > error that makes it work on some projects and not on others?  Is
> > there some fine detail that has to be "just so" with Alpha channel
> > masks?
>
> There is a bug in enblend that I haven't managed to characterise,
> where alpha masks in the first image in the sequence are discarded
> after the first blend.  Try reorganising the photos using the Move
> up and Move down buttons in the Images tab before stitching.
>
> --
> Bruno
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to