allard wrote:
> I'm trying to build libpano from svn 1096 but MSVC is giving me some
> errors. I run into something that is beyond my extremely limited
> coding abilities. Here's the output from MSVC that keeps showing up:
>
> 12>pano13.lib(PTcommon.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _optind
> 12>pano13.lib(PTcommon.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _optarg
> 12>pano13.lib(PTcommon.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> _getopt referenced in function _panoCroppingMain
> 12>pano13.lib(PTDialogs.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _hDllInstance
> 12>pano13.lib(PTDialogs.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _wndOwner
> 12>pano13.lib(PTDialogs.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> _CenterDialog referenced in function _set...@16
> 12>pano13.lib(PTDialogs.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> _SetWindowOwner referenced in function _set...@16
>
> Ideas anyone?
>
> Allard

Have you managed to resolve these errors?

_optind and _optarg require the file getopt.c it is in
libpano\tools\compat_win32
If PTCommon is using it then the folder compat_win32 should be moved up a level.

The errors of hDllInstance, wndOwner, CenterDialog, and SetWindowOwner indicate
that you building the CMD version of the tools using sys_ansi but have also
included sys_win.h.  The tools currently only build as CMD.  To do this define
MSDOS or _CONSOLE (see panorama.h line 40 and PTDialogs.c line 28)

CMD tools are built with sys_ansi
GUI tools are built with sys_win (currently broken)

--
Jim Watters

jwatt...@photocreations.ca
http://photocreations.ca