>>Yes, just `make -f project.pto.mk`
>>Bruno

Tried that. It restarts from scratch, although the input .pto and .tif are
older than the "exposure_layer"/stack_ldr" files.
Seems there are no dependencies formulated or they don't work. To be honest,
the make file is beyond my basic understanding. However I guess there are no
dependencies formulated, as the output file name seems to be generated by
the tools (using the -i n option).

It would probably be easiest to build a "if target exists and is newer than
.pto and source image, then skip" into the tools.

Thanks,
--Mark