On 7 Mrz., 10:39, Jeffrey Martin <[email protected]> wrote:
> This theodolite is interesting.... I was not familiar with such a tool
> before. How come no one else has built a panohead out of one? I am guessing
> that it's an extremely precise instrument, perfect for a precision automated
> panohead...?

It should be an ideal base indeed. The other day I was taking a walk
when I stumbled upon a guy with a theodolite surveying the gas pipe
running through the forest. While I was having a chat with him and
peeking into the ocular, the theodolite's head suddenly started moving
around scanning for visual contact with the device the surveyor was
using to pintpoint positions - it had lost him because he'd
disappeared behind a tree. It moved like you'd expect a robotic
panorama head to move, and, as a theodolite, would have been aware of
the direction of it's sensor to some ridicoulous degree of precision.
I guess, though, that theodolites are expensive (it looked it) - so
maybe that's why noone has made one into a robotic panorama head (that
we know of).

> +1 on the "bounding box to generate more CP's" idea. It would be very
> useful.

I have a script ready which can do something very similar, but it's
using my new python interface. I could publish it now and write
lengthy texts about how people could compile the python_scripting
branch and use it, but I'd rather wait until the thing is mainstream.

Kay

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

Reply via email to