I have been playing with Hugin for the past few years and found it to
be an ideal tool for many of the things I do to entertain myself these
days.  With the release of Hugin2010.4 it suddenly became not only
something to play with, but an amazing tool for generating some
fantastic images.  I now find myself spending more time making sure
that I am properly understanding some of its complexity and believe
that, while not proficient, I am starting to use it efficiently.  I am
also seeing improvements in the latest 2011.0 beta releases and try to
follow this group closely.
One thing that I remain “fuzzy” on is the optimization process using
the control points.  From my playing around it appears that an
increase in the number of control points results in a better fit of
the images (duh!).  I assume that there is a least squares process of
some kind going on to obtain the best mathematical fit.  If this is
indeed the case I wonder if two additions would be of value:

1)  In the preview window, allow the user to generate an area which
would locate the corresponding areas in the various individual images
to search for additional control points.  Thus, if the final Hugin
output shows some significant problems in one area, the user could
simply draw a box around the area and instruct the control point
generator to examine those areas in the individual images for
additional points (or perhaps highlight those areas in the images in
the control point tab so that the user could manually insert
additional points).

2)  Allow the user to pick a control point that is “fixed” during the
optimization process.

If one can in fact do either of these functions now, accept my
apologies and I will dig deeper into the instructions!

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

Reply via email to