On 10 Mrz., 15:06, Jeffrey Martin <[email protected]> wrote:
> I feel like I have stumbled onto the final great hidden gem of panorama
> equipment. Is this too good to be true? I mean, I had suspected for years
> that there must be someone out there who has a job similar to ours, needing
> very similar equipment, with the benefit of already having developed that
> equipment for decades. It looks like the theodolite is it....
>
> Now, can you:
> 1) mount an SLR on it?

He already has, if you have a look at the image he posted

http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://xraycrystallographer.blogspot.com/2010/12/loose-ends.html

> 2) program it (the motorized kind) to shoot a pano?

He's obviously just used the theodolite base, and I think his one
might have been a mechanical one anyway. A theodolite is really for
measuring the orientation of the stuff mounted on it (it's a
triangulation device), the newer motorized ones can also find stuff
visually, if I'm not mistaken - but teaching them to scan in definable
steps and take images might take some (low level) programming. I'm
sure if you had the money your friendly theodolite supplier would
gladly program one for you...

But then you might just wait another 10-20 years, until all cameras
will know their position to mm precision and their orientation to the
arc second and look back to the time when you thought a theodolite
would be great ;-)

Kay

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

Reply via email to