Well I have gone back and tried it and looked over the documentation
pretty carefully. Indeed these features do not work on the Mac version
(as far as I can tell.)

Originally, if I remember correctly, Apple developed the "command/
Apple" key only for GUI related functions, preserving the meaning of
the control and alt/option keys. The problem may stem from when
Microsoft (and others?) took a different approach to modifier keys
adding the "Windows" key but not in as restrained a way, which sort of
muddied up the function of control, alt and the command keys. I assume
they stuck with their system despite the conflicts because changing
would have been a pain late in the game. I'm not trying to stir up a
platform argument, this is just the way I remember it. And accept my
apologies my memory is faulty.

Anyway, on the Mac, the control key has two functions. One is the
traditional control modifier which is handy on terminals, etc. The
other is for use with the mouse to produce contextual menus. Holding
control while using the mouse (or left mouse key) is equal to using
the right mouse key and always has been. On a Mac with a multi-button
mouse using the left mouse button while holding down the control key
should therefore be equivalent to using the right mouse key without
modification, which again, normally provides access to contextual
menus. So using the control key with the right mouse key is not really
done on the Mac. Oddly enough using that combination (ctrl + RH
mouse ) on a mask control point in Hugin deletes the point and appears
to be the *only way* to do so. Simply using RH mouse button or( ctr
+LH mouse button) does nothing. The delete key, even with any number
of modification keys I have tried, also does nothing. Also after
similar experimentation, I have not been able to find any way to add a
point to a mask.


On Nov 5, 7:10 am, "Carlos Eduardo G. Carvalho (Cartola)"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi John,
> . . . To add a new point
> just activate the mask, clicking into it (not in any point) and then click
> Ctrl+left mouse over some line. To remove a specific point, select it and
> click del key.
> In fact I agree that those masks are note much precise and usually when I
> need more precision I use remapped images into layers in GIMP.

But now that you pointed out the zoom control, I can zoom in and the
relative lack of precision is much less of a problem.

> Cheers,
>
> Carlos E G Carvalho (Cartola)http://cartola.org/360

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

Reply via email to